Wednesday, March 4, 2009

leon hunter leonhutterbjd@gmail.com

hello,
just want to know if this item is available,so that i can make payment arrangement..Leon

Hello
Thanks for your prompt reply.Am okay with the price and the condition,
and like have said my mode of payment will be through cashier
check,Concerning the shippment, my shipper will be at your place for
the pickup of the item and am going to include the amount of shipping
charges into the cashiers check am going to send to you,so when you
have this, you will deduct the amount for your item and have the rest
money sent to my shipper for them to come for the pick up of the item
for me at your place..I really wish to be there to check out the item
but i have a tight schedule i will call you as soon as the check is
made out to u and pls stay in touch with me .
so i will like to have the following so that the payment can be
mailed out to you
Full Name to be on the check

Full contact Address ,
your Zip Code
phone number
Reply me soon.
Thanks Leon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this may be a scam! I received almost the exact same e-mail regarding an item I put on Craigs List. I told "Leon" I would only accept cash.

Anonymous said...

Me too, exactly the same, via craigslist. Def a scam!!

Cathy said...

Me too, just today, I am glad I know about scammers. Leon Hunter leonhutterbjd@gmail.com. I told him that I Googled his name. Left it at that. Seems like that is all I get is scammers for my items on Craigslist. Disappointing.

Anonymous said...

I received the same email from this Leon Hunter dood interested in my item posted in the Craig's list telling me that he is willing to send check via fedx. Here is his exact message.

"Sorry for not replying earlier. I can have a check sent to you via UPS/FedEx (they come to my office everyday), to cover for the payment and shipping expenses. I'm really busy this week, with a huge work load that I have to finish ASAP. I need to cut down on expenses, and can't afford anything steeper in this economic meltdown. I won't be able to meet-up to check or money order this out (I'm really pushing my staffs right now, but they also have families to feed, so we have that agreement). I'll schedule the pick-up with the shipping agents myself, so you have nothng to worry about. Let me know if this works for you, by getting back to me with your full Name and address for me to send the check to you. and Do u have more pics u can email me? i would not mind adding 50$ if you can retain it for me and Please take the posting off Craigslist today and consider it sold to me"
How ironic, his last name is Hunter.

Anonymous said...

This is what I got from this guy. Unfortunately I have him my full name and address including my email before I found out he's a scammer:
"the computers is suppose to have been delivered to you by now
but contacted the shipping company and was told they had wrong label on
the package and was delivered to a wrong address,i issued your payment
as well and total cost of shipping the computers to your address is
also included,here is the USPS tracking information.. 9405501699320019184756 IT WILL DELIVER TO YOU TOMORROW
and i hope you must have deposited it by now...if not,go ahead and
cash out in any ATM location or through any mobile outlet around
you..it's a check payment of 1950,deduct your total cost of services
for 28 computers which is a total of 1,500 and forward the remaining
balance to the movers information below via western union...


Name Afrikanna Abner
5 East 52nd Street
New York, NY 10022

Dont forget to forward the 10 digit number given to you at the western
union to me that is the MTCN and full senders name so i can alert the
mover for pickup asap to avoid further delay as the computers are due
for purpose already...
"